Thursday, October 27, 2011

Roof-Roof (but our dog would say "howwwll")

We're getting ready to put the south metal roof on our house.  As you can see, my contractor has the tar paper on most of the roof, but you're probably wondering why we have gone with the scandinavian look??  Those 2 x 4's are to hold the tar paper in place (we get a lot of wind around these parts), plus my contractor can use them to get around on the roof--he's not used to walking around on such a steep angle, up so high.  The wood will come off as we put the metal on.  We need to keep the neighbors wondering what we are doing, right?!  You'll also notice my supervisor chair on the right--I need something comfortable so I can make sure my contractor does the job right?!  Anyway, we're hoping to start getting the tar paper covered this weekend, as long as the weather cooperates--there was snow a few miles south of us, but we didn't get any.  The weatherman says things should look pretty good through the beginning of next week.  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment