Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Case Of The Turkey Feathers


That's me above (you can see our house in the background--don't ask me where the tree came from) acting like my heroine, Nancy Drew   I'm looking a pile, of what looks like turkey feathers on our property. 


You might ask:  Where did they come from?  How did they get there??  Where's the turkey???  Why are you wearing high heels????  That's just the way my mind works-- I always revert back to my childhood days of reading Nancy Drew novels.  You might also be wondering how I found them--with my magnifying glass, of course.  Not really.  Nancy would be a big nobody with out her sidekicks Bess and George.  Well, my sidekick is our dog, Patsy.  She has the best nose this side of the Mississippi and can smell out trouble anywhere.


As the mystery started...We were headed out for a walk on a cold, windy night.  We usually let her run free on our property to burn of some of her over-abundant energy, so we can have an enjoyable "walk" instead of a "pull".  Tonight she headed directly for this part of our property


 at top speed-- like she knew it was there, like she saw it happen.  Or maybe it was just that incredible nose of hers (most likely, but it's always fun to jump into "Nancy" mode).  Anyway, Patsy enjoyed what she could nibble on, but the killer didn't leave much for her--just the feathers.  We didn't find a weapon and no traces of footprints, but Patsy did find more feathers just on our neighbors side of the fence.  We're both suspicious of the neighbor dogs.  Maybe this mystery will never be solved.

I have on occasion, seen wild turkeys around, but never near our house.  The ones I have seen have been a really nice "platter-type" size.  I don't even think the killer took the time to stuff it--stuffing is always good with turkey.

Oh, this blog is supposed to be about building our house.  We had planned to work on the roof today, but our famous wind was blowing just a little too hard.  Instead, my contractor did some much needed research on the next steps of our project and I did some sleuthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment