Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know you're thinking that yesterday was Thanksgiving, and you're right, but we were busy working on our house all day yesterday, so we decided to celebrate today (Good choice since the wind decided to blow all day today).  On Thursday we finished getting our south roof completely sheathed and tar papered.  It really looks nice and now we are finally ready to install our metal roofing on the south side.  Here's what it looks like now.  See, completely closed all the way to the top.


You think that looks good, just wait until you see the next picture!  To celebrate Thanksgiving I made a home-cooked feast that was absolutely the best Thanksgiving Dinner I have ever prepared .  Since my tin oven is rather small, I opted for a whole chicken instead of a turkey.  I found a small blue-speckled roasting pan that fit in my tin oven perfectly.  I stuffed the bird with delicious stuffing and surrounded it with potatoes, carrots and onions.  My tin oven gets placed on top of our wood burning stove and then the blue-speckled roasting pan is placed in the tin oven and four hours later-- wal-la -- the best Thanksgiving dinner ever!!  (WARNING!!  Only view image below on a full stomach or you'll get REALLY hungry.  Our cabin smelled so wonderful, too!  Maybe technology will be available someday to put scents with your pictures??!!)


Here we are after our feast breaking the wish bone.  Guess what I wished for??

No comments:

Post a Comment